A small creek runs from Lake Hällsjön and about 100 meters from the outflow the water falls some 17 meters. At that point there has been a mill and saw since the 1600s. In the late 1700s George Brink sought rights to build a copper hammer on the site. The hammer made smaller items and employed eight smiths. It had the license or, as it was called, smithing rights for 25 tonnes annually. The raw material was brought by horse and wagon from mines in Småland Province.
There is a story that one of the later owner named Hagelqvist began to use copper coins as raw material since there was a shortage of the ore. His fine for this was so high that the company went into bankruptcy in 1854.
From route 40 exit at county road 156 and drive south. After St Bugärde and the bridge, turn right on the Katrineforsliden. Follow the signs to a small parking lot. 57°38'52.2"N 12°23'58.0"E